Deepak Karanth published a post regarding the best books that every serious programmer should read.
Below is the list from his post.
1. The Pragmatic Programmer
2. The Mythical Man-month: Essays on Software Engineering
3. Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
4. The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers
5. Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
6. Working Effectively With Legacy Code
7.Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction
8.Head First Design Patterns
9. People ware: Productive Projects and Teams
10. Soft Skills: The Software Developer’s Life Manual
check out his blog post for more details
you can follow him on twitter @SoftwareYoga
P.S : stay tuned for more knowledge bytes.